Monday, August 13, 2012

Gabby, God's Little Angel

Gabby, God's Little Angel
ISBN-13: 9781400317158
Publisher: Nelson, Thomas, Inc.
Publication date: 9/20/2011
Pages: 32
Age range: 3 – 7 Years

Meet Gabby, created by Sheila Walsh and illustrated by Marina Fedotova, an angel in "guardian angel training." Throughout this colorful twenty-one page book, Gabby goes from training to getting her first assignment: Sophie, a little girl who sure does need a lot of protection.

I received an ecopy of this book from Booksneeze.com in exchange for my fair and honest review. My honest opinion? I'm so sad that this was only an e-book. Even online, it contained so many beautiful illustrations. I could relate to the characters, and I found myself, a grown adult raised in a Christian home, struck by how simply it reminded me that there is a spiritual world, and that there are angels protecting me from harm. I can't wait to get to heaven and see all the "close calls" that never happened.
Of course, critics can debate the biblical validity of a tiny little girl angel. Aren't angels huge and strong? Are they male or female? But the basic premise is one that chidlren and adults alike can cling to. Psalm 91:9, 11 says, "The Lord is your protection ... He has put his angels in charge of you. They will watch over you wherever you go."

And as Gabby said in the pages of this delightful children's book, "I'll be doing all I can to show Sophie just how much God loves her!"

Amen.

No comments: