Friday, December 26, 2008

Christmas Evening


We had a wonderful Christmas evening. First of all, my JB made what was probably the best meal I have ever had on any holiday. It was definitely one of his finest performances. Everything was beautiful and amazing! What's even better is that there will be leftovers to feast on today. Excellent work hubby darling!

Joia (with Moriah) and Philip (with Keenan) joined us for the evening. They too were "tied" to base in expectation of their new arrival. Moriah's early arrival meant 2008 was her first Christmas, instead of 2009. They are such wonderful people and such good company. And, they love good food as much as we do! To see more photos of the evening, you can jump over to Joia's blog.


It is hard to believe that Isaac was nearly this small when he was first born. Here he decides to do a little praying over Moriah.


And here, Moriah decides to fight back!




Here's our best attempt at getting a picture of the three kids. (Thank you to Joia who loaned me this outfit for the holidays!)



This last picture stirred some crazy feelings in me. Take a look at us with two babies in hand:




It's hard, and nearly impossible to believe, that this will be out family in right around one month from now. As JB and I laid in bed last night, we flashed back to this moment with an abundance of emotions.

Those emotions range from excitement in meeting Eliah to relief in getting his feet out of my ribs! I have had some great difficulty sleeping at night due to the position he is lying in as well as the leg cramps that continue to plague me on random evenings. Elijah's arrival in the world will not necessarily bring me sleep-filled nights ... (I'm not that naive) ... but at least when I do sleep, I'll be able to get a bit more comfortable. :)

But this photo also stirred some other emotions. We are so in love with Isaac. We are absolutely addicted to this little boy. The thought of sharing ourselves with another baby is not something we feel quite ready to do. I want to have more time with just me and Isaac. I want to love on him and him only for a few more weeks or months or years. I know many parents go through this when child #2 joins the family; I just feel that we are having to go through it more quickly than many parents ... well before we feel quite prepared.

We also cannot believe that we are just weeks away from Elijah's arrival. How did all this happen so quickly? How did we go from a family with zero kids, to a family with one puppy, to a family with one puppy and one boy, to a family preparing for a grown up puppy and boy number two?

Right now, puppy and man are out for their morning jog. JB and I are thinking about taking a bit of time, just the two of us, to go and see Marley and Me while my Dad and Mom babysit. Every time we go out now we think, this might be the last time we go out for quite some time ...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how can you write a so cool blog,i am watting your new post in the future!

Anonymous said...

I love very broad, I like some of the ancient culture, like modern architecture, and now I am fat, I like your BLOG!